‘Bex is Articulate, eloquent and tells us as it is’ – James Wight, Adventure Uncovered
I’m an author, speaker and expert community builder.
To date, I’ve published 3 books and have been credited multiple times in the media, including being interviewed by Clare Blading for BBC R4 Ramblings. My blog has received more than 1.5million readers and I have a strong online presence, including over 3,500 newsletter subscribers.
I’m perhaps best well-known for founding and running the women’s adventure community Love Her Wild CIC – one of the largest outdoor communities in the world. For my efforts championing equality in the outdoors, I’ve been recognise by many awards including:
– Named ‘The UK’s Top 30 most inspirational entrepreneur‘ by Business Leader
– Women of the Future 2022 finalist
– Shextreme Outdoor Book Award 2021 winner (for Three Stripes South)
– National Diversity Awards 2021 finalist
– Next Generation Awards by Enterprise Nation 2019 winner
– Named ‘Legacy Maker’ on the San Miguel Alternative Rich List
Speaking, delivering workshops & partnerships
I have lots of experience delivering talks and workshops and have chaired at major events, including on the main-stage at Cheltenham Literature Festival. I also regularly collaborate with companies to deliver sponsored content. I have 2 areas of expertise:
ADVENTURE, CONSERVATION & EXPEDITION LEADING
I deliver inspirational talks – engaging the audience with my tales of adventures, overcoming adversity and connecting to conservation. Previous adventures include:
– Hiking 1000km the length of Israel
– Kayaking the width of the UK against plastic pollution
– Kick scooting the entire length of the USA
– Organising the Women’s End2End relay – 700 women carrying a baton 74 days and 2,000+km the length of the UK
– See more of my previous adventures
I’m a qualified Mountain Leader, conservation scientist (MSc Wildlife Conservation) and Divemaster with 6 years experience organising and leading expeditions across the UK and overseas. I regularly organise expeditions – either operating as a white-label organisation or putting together bespoke team building adventure experiences.
Seeing a gender imbalance in the outdoors, I founded the Love Her Wild. What started as a small Facebook group has grown into a successful non-profit with over 35,000 members and 65+ staff and volunteers. I grew the Love Her Wild community without any investment, relying solely on social media and entrepreneurial skills. I’ve written a business book sharing my knowledge, titled Gather; How to Build Misson-Driven Communities (published Post Hill Press 2023).
Online communities are the future of social media so there has never been a better time to book a talk/workshop with one of the countries leading online community building experts!
If you are interested in working together, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.