I would’ve never reached my potential as a blogger if I hadn’t surrounded myself with other creative writers. Which is why I’m so excited to be working on the Pyrenees Writers Retreat this year with the rather brilliant Emma Rosen (author of the Radical Sabatical). I can’t wait to see what great people it brings together. I hope to see some of you writing enthusiasts there!
Interested? here’s what you need to know:
Pyrenees Writers Retreat
Join author Emma Rosen and blogger Bex Band, for a writing retreat in the heart of the Pyrenees. Writing workshops, beautiful views, good local food and wine, yoga and hiking, inspiring company and space to write and get creative… need we say more?!
Make 2019 your year to write
Whether you are working on a book, your blog or are just in search of some creative inspiration to kick start your writing, the Pyrenees Writers Retreat will provide the tranquillity and guidance you need.
The week will consist of daily workshops delivered by Emma and Bex. We will be covering topics including;
- overcoming writer’s block
- social media for writers
- self-publishing vs traditional publishing
- the publishing process from start to finish and how to write a book proposal (fiction and non-fiction)
- increasing traffic to your blog
- pitching articles to magazines and newspapers
We will also be sharing our own stories and how we managed to build a career for ourselves as writers. There will be lots of time for Q&A’s and opportunities to have one-to-one sessions.
In between activities you will have plenty of time and space to find a corner in our guesthouse to write, plan or reflect. We’ve also got yoga and hikes scheduled throughout the week.
All activities and workshops are optional so you can tailor the retreat to get what you want from it.
Papilio Luchon Guesthouse
We will be stating at Papilio Luchon Guesthouse. Nestled amongst the beautiful forested hills of the Midi-Pyrenees, Papilio is a converted 19th century lodge, which is spacious, comfortable and rustic. It has south-facing gardens and a swimming pool that overlooks uninterrupted mountain views.
Papilio is a 20 minute walk away from the charming mountain spatown of Bagnères-de-Luchon, which has an array of restaurants, shops, cafes and bars in the heart of the Pyrenees, should you fancy a change of scenery.
All meals are included and will be served in the dining room. The baguettes are fresh and the cheese and wine some of the best in the world.
- Daily writing workshops delivered by Emma and Bex
- Accommodation for 6 nights at the Papilio Luchon Guesthouse (rooms will be on a shared basis)
- All meals from dinner on day 1 to breakfast on our last day
- Wine for some of the dinners
- Yoga and meditation (yoga mats provided)
- Local hikes
- WiFi, workspaces and a romantic setting to get the creative juices flowing!
What’s Not Included
- Travel to and from the guesthouse (the nearest airport is Toulouse with airport pick up and drop off estimated cost €25 each way…..or if you have time you could even catch the train!)
- Personal travel insurance
When: 4th – 10th June 2019
Where: Bagnères-de-Luchon, French Pyrenees
As we want to create an intimate and peaceful retreat where all writers can find their voice, places are very limited with just 8 spaces available.
If you have any questions, please email Emma at [email protected]
BOOK NOW and reserve your space with a £200 non-refundable deposit. The remainder of the balance is due 8 weeks before the start of the retreat (1st April). Full booking terms and Conditions available here.